Please contact Professor Ogata if you are interested in joining in our laboratory.
Potential Grad Students
Our laboratory is associated with two graduate schools of Kyoto University. Potential graduate students (Master/2 years or Doctor/3 years) will have to be qualified for admission to one of the following two graduate schools.
- Graduate School of Science (Department of Biophysics, Division of Biological Science)
- Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences (Division of Bioinformatics and Chemical Genomics)
These two graduate schools organize their entrance exam independently.
Please check the following web pages for the deadlines of application and the dates of entrance exam, although we strongly recommend you to contact us first.
- for Graduate School of Science (in Japanese)
- for Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences (in Japanese)
- for Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences (in English)
Very approximatively, the admission processes by the graduate schools are yearly scheduled as below.
|Graduate school of Science||Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences|
† It is generally recommended that the applicants have stayed at least six months as a research student (see below) in the laboratory prior to application to the Doctor or Master programs. The six months stay is indeed mandatory for the admission to the Master course of the Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
‡ These exams are carried out only in Japanese.
Japanese government scholarship
For those who need finantial supports, we strongly recommend applicants to obtain a scholarship by themselves, such as the Japanese government (MEXT) scholarship.
Potentail graduate students may apply to research students (“Kenkyu-sei”) of the Institute for Chemical Research for short stay (usually 6 to 12 months) in our lab before becoming a graduate student. Many of the past students from abroad used this system. This research student system may allow you to familiarize yourself with life in Japan and to prepare the entrance exam of the graduate schools.
Fees are subject to change. Please refer to relevant offcial pages cited above for update.
|Graduate student||Research student|
|Exam fee||30,000 Yen||9,800 Yen|
|Admission fee||282,000 Yen||84,600 Yen|
|Tuition fee||535,800 Yen / year||29,700 Yen / month|
- OPiR (Kyoto Univ.)
- Handbook for International Students (Kyoto Univ.)
- iLab (Graduate School of Science)
- LIMS (Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences)
- ITP (Bioinformatics Center, Institute for Chemical Research) — this ended in March 2014